Tremains Art Deco Festival 2018
ART DECO TRUST WELCOMES YOU TO NAPIER AND THE HOME OF THE TREMAINS ART DECO FESTIVAL
2018 is a massive year for the Tremains Art Deco Festival. Not only do we once again celebrate and commemorate Napier’s unique Art Deco heritage built out of the 1931 earthquake, but we will also celebrate the Festival’s own heritage as 2018 marks the Festivals 30th anniversary.
It was in late 1988, when the Art Deco Trust was three years old, that one of the founding members Roger Morris came up with the idea of holding an Art Deco Weekend event. The inaugural event was held on the first weekend in February 1989. The programme was modest with only seven events, the Vintage Car Parade had a grand total of 14 cars, and it rained, seeing the Gatsby Picnic move to the Napier Municipal Theatre stage with less than 30 people in attendance. 30 years on, the Festival has developed into a world renowned event. 2018 will see over 250 events, the Vintage Car Parade will showcase 300 cars and the Gatsby Picnic will welcome over 5000 people in attendance. This year, we also have a special focus on music. There will be over 200 hours of music across the entire Festival, with performances from big name stars right through to local youth talent. We have entertainers from all over the world, performances specifically created for the Festival, and music will fill the streets.
How To Book Tickets
- ONLINE Go to www.artdeconapier.com for programme and booking details.
- ITICKET Go to www.iticket.co.nz
- TICKETEK Go to www.ticketek.co.nz
- ITICKET 0508 iTICKET (0508 484 253)
- TICKETEK 0800 TICKETEK (0800 842 538)
- DOOR SALES Door sales are available subject to availability.
- TICKETING CHARGES All prices are in New Zealand Dollars and include GST. Booking fees apply and a credit card charge will apply to all ticket purchases.
A FREE smartphone app is available in the Apple App store and the Google Play store. Just search for Art Deco Napier. This app will show you the entire Festival programme, allow you to create your own personalised programme, book tickets, get event updates, and access other useful information.
Certified Self-Contained Motorhome/Caravan Parking.
- Entrance/exit will be opposite 597 Marine Parade. (Located South of the Spirit of Napier)
- $10.00 per night per Van. (No requirement to book parking)
- Arrival time from Monday 12th February from 1.00pm
- Depart by 19th February Monday.
- Cash Payment to be made on arrival.
- CSC Parking: Certified Self Contained Vehicles only!
Note; this is 1.3km from the Hawke's Bay Toyota Sound Shell.
Parking Information only, contact Tony Pye: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shuttles: A shuttle service will operate from the Spirit of Napier to the CBD from Friday 16th - Sunday 18th. This council run shuttle service will be available for a gold coin donation.
Pets: Pets on leads at all times.
- Website: https://www.artdeconapier.com/
- Ticketing: Public