Speed Works Motorsport Championship Round One
2017/18 Premier Motorsport Championship Series:
NZMCA Member/MHFT Follower Offer is 50% off $70 Gate Price Weekend Ticket
To get your discounted tickets, simply follow the steps below:
Please note you'll be prompted to create a 'SpeedWorks Events' membership profile, which is completely free.
1. Click on the Button Below (this will take you to an excluse discount page on the Speedworks website)
2. On this page is a Special Discount Code, write it down or copy it.
3. Click on 'Get Your Half Price Tickets'
4. Select the event and click 'Book Tickets'
5. Enter the special promo code and click 'Go'
6. Select your tickets, and remember to choose your preferred parking option
Summer's arrived and New Zealand's premier championship motorsport series blasts off for another thrilling season at the Bruce McLaren Motorsport Park, Taupo over the weekend of December 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
And what a way to herald the start of the new season than by enjoying the action of the country's top domestic categories. Topping the bill are the awesome BNT V8s packing a huge and powerful punch with the Class 1 and Class 2 machines and the best of the country's 'tin top' drivers. If V8 powered machines are your thing then you will have the added bonus of the super close PORTERGORUP V8 Utes where the Holdens and Fords continue to do battle.
For four cylinder fans there is the Toyota 86 series, which last season produced some incredible racing and proved to be the battleground for some of the best up and coming racers in New Zealand. In a field of identical race cars, close racing is a guarantee.
The mighty Pirelli Porsches begin their championship trail and you can expect to see a bigger field of stunning flat six powered racers than for several seasons. The 'anything goes' TRADEZONE GT1/GT2 and GT3/GT4 grids provide jaw dropping spectacle and racing, with GT1/GT2 proudly fielding some of the fastest cars in the country.
Historic muscle is provided by the ever popular Central Muscle Cars - arguably the best field of this genre of race cars in the world today, while Pro 7 Mazda and the starter single seater category Formula First are two of the very best club categories around. For Pro 7 it's a big year as they welcome a new title sponsor in Nexen and bigger fields across their three classes.
Last but by no means least is the ever popular SsangYong Actyon Ute series, back for more this season with up to 30 of the identical turbo diesel utes. Action in this class is also a guarantee with nose to tail racing throughout each of their races as the drivers try to slipstream and out brake each other on almost every corner. Magic!
Certified Self Contained Motorhome Parking
Onsite parking for motorhomes and caravans will be available at the event - either as 'Embankment VIP' or 'Standard Motorhome/Caravan' parking. You will need to purchase a motorhome parking pass in addition to your event ticket.
- Arrival Friday between 10:00am and 6:00pm - All motorhomes must be departed from the venue by 7:00pm Sunday evening
- Motorhomers and Caravanners please report to main gate for parking instructions
- All motorsport venues have a strict no-pets policy. This must be adhered to.
- 24 Hour Security will be onsite from Friday - Sunday.
- Website: www.speedworksevents.co.nz
- Ticketing: Public