Hokitika Wild Foods Festival 2018
2018 will see the 29th annual Hokitika Wildfoods Festival which will continue to captivate all of your senses with its unique mix of tastes, sights, smells, sounds and touches, which are all a key part of the famous West Coast hospitality.
In the Wildfoods offerings we have over 50 stalls offering up every element of Wildfoods from the gourmet to the not so much and everywhere along the spectrum in-between. Every realm of Wildfoods will be explored from the West Coast icons of Whitebait and Venison to the edible offerings of Aotearoa, and abroad. This is an event for every foodie's bucket list, offering from delicacy to disgusting, we have oyster to mountain oysters and everything in between. While sampling from the wildfoods stalls you can enjoy a cheeky cider, a cooling Monteiths beverage, or a delicious Montana wine.
2018 will see yet another prominent New Zealand act grace our stage with Sons of Zion, supported by a range of other locally, nationally and internationally renowned bands The Rivers Jesters, The Slacks, Dee May & the Saints, and from Europe we are presenting My Baby which is all adding up to be a fantastic Wildfoods Festival. The very popular New Zealand Army Band are returning to Hokitika Wildfoods Festival, NZAB having recently returned from the 5th Nanchang International Military Tattoo in China.
We have great sponsorship from Westland Milk Products branding Westgold butter for our Demo Zone presenting demonstration chefs using the bounty of the West Coast including salmon from The Salmon Farm. The 2018 Wildfoods Festival is soaring to new heights thanks to the Royal New Zealand Air Force who will entertain festival-goers with an aerial display by the Black Falcons on Saturday March 10. We are also presenting a range of entertainments and activities around the Festival site to keep every member of your family or group entertained.
Make sure to dress up or down for the iconic Feral Fashion Competition with great prizes to be won for those that #WearYourWild.
Other events over the Wild Weekend include Friday Night on the beach, the Saturday Official After Party (+18) at our venue Cass Square where our bands will rock the night away including the smooth music of Sons of Zion, and a weekend long market in Hokitika Township.
We look forward to showing you some of the world famous West Coast hospitality and culinary delights over the Wildest Weekend on the calendar.
For more information and to stay up to date with all things wild check out: www.wildfoods.co.nz
Certified Self Contained Motorhome/Caravan Parking
These are CSC parking sites available: Westland High School, Sunset Point Beach, Wadeson Island and Seaview Lodge.
Westland High School
- $40 per person for weekend, paid at the time of booking.
- Address: 140 Hampden St, Hokitika
- Strictly from 4pm Friday 10th March to 12 noon Sunday 12th March
Sunset Point Beach
- $40 per person for weekend paid at the time of booking.
- Address: Gibson Quay
- From Friday 9th March, 10am to Sunday 11th March, midday
Seaview Lodge & Campsite
- Campsites $15 per person per night
- Campervan unpowered $30 for 2 people per night
- Campervan Powered $35 for 2 people per night (Limited sites)
- Seaview Lodge Campsite, Fitzherbert Street, for campervans and tents.
Approximately 1km from Wildfoods Festival, Cass Square Hokitika
Links-View Holiday Park
- Southside Hokitika 368 SH6 Hokitika
- Bookings: 021 265 8663 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Powered Sites - $20 per person/per night
- Unpowered Sites - $17 per person per night
Hokitika Holiday Park
Located 3kls north of Hokitika. Turn off State Highway 6 on to Keogans Road. We are 700 metres up Keogans Road on Providence Drive. Our clean facilities and spacious sites are available for Wild Foods Weekend. Both powered and unpowered tent/campervan and caravan sites.
Powered sites are:
- Adults $20 per person per night
Unpowered sites are:
- Adults $18 per person per night
- Children are $8 per child. Our amenities include showers/toilets, kitchen with dishes, laundry and a lounge area. Great play ground for the children.
- A bus is available for transportation into the festival through the Eventfinda website. Pre-booking for the bus is essential.
For MORE INFORMATION and to BOOK visit: wildfoods.co.nz/wildfoods-campsites
- Website: www.wildfoods.co.nz
- Ticketing: Public