Exotic Sheep Shearing Day 2017
Exotic Sheep Shearing Day
I would like to invite you to attend our annual exotic sheep shearing day. To be held at Wimbledon. On Sunday, 8th of October, 2017, from 10.00 am to 2.00 pm.
FREE CSC Parking Available
(Arranged by organisers) : No Charge. Parking: Camped on the knob paddock opposite the school. Close to Shed road,
(address shown is the Wimbledon Tavern as is the best landmark, we are just down the road)
Brians advice: On arrival please track me down for your instructions. I will be about on Shed Road.
There will be a real carnivores barbeque at the shearers quarters for everyone on Saturday night, 6.00 to 7.30. Please bring your own bottle. Plenty of food about on Sunday. We will have left overs for tea or just plain-old go to the pub!
Angora Road is a good safe walk, watch the creek crossing, it is slippery!
I would like some help on Sunday morning from anyone idle, to help butter bread and make up shasliks and kebabs, 8.30 at my place if you can, will be a very busy time.
Hey, Lets all have a GOOOOOOOD time
Entry and hospitality is free of charge. The day will involve the shearing of various breeds and discussion of the wool types as well as other attributes of the breeds which includes meat and milk production with on site tasting. The sheep will be on display all day with information and expert advice. Breeds on display:
- East Friesan
- Pitt Island
- Arapawa Island
The sheep will be on hand throughout the day, with information and expert advice. People who wish to exhibit their crafts, skills, technology and services to exotic sheep are most welcome. There will be space for your display. This years exhibitors will be allowed to sell their items. There is no charge for a stall. If you wish to be an exhibitor, please get in touch with Brian smartly so he can identify appropriate space for you. The Exhibitors will be:
- Louisa Rull, Auckland, Wool crafts
- Pauline Ross, Napier, Woolcrafts
- Alison Sutherland, Masterton, Author and Rare Breeds Society
- Kirsty Silvester, Woodville Wild Bush Cheeses,
- Craig Prichard, Palmerston North, Milking sheep
- Melissa Fryer, Feilding, Woolcrafts
- Barb. Robinson, Feilding, Woolcrafts
- Angela Daish, Gisborne, Woolcrafts
- Sue Grayson, Waipawa, Ashford Products
- Tony Coleman, Auckland, Butcher
- Anita Schumann, Otaki, Woolcrafts
- Julie Lumsden, Otane, Woolcrafts
- Heather Newland, Motea, Artist
- Aaron Tylee, Herbertville, Working Sheepdogs
- Sharyn Crosse, Titree Point, Wool Crafts
- Liz Gunson, Dannevirke, Rust Never Sleeps
- Isla, the hula hoop lady from Taranaki
- Bev. Bedingfield and Val. Summerall. Matamau, Woolcrafts
Contact: Brian Hales Phone: 06 374 3584 for direct information.
Exhibitors will show a range of technology and services that are available to assist craft making and exotic sheep farming.
There is no charge for a stall and you are welcome to sell items if you wish. Everyone is welcome, please tell your friends and lets have a really good day out.
- Ticketing: Public