Anzac In Action 2018
"Two action packed days of old fashioned fun!"
We're talking several WWl battle re-enactments with live action, vintage weapons and machinery, blank bullets and pyrotechnic simulated explosions! And that's just for starters, also enjoy...
- Free family joy rides in vintage cars
- The hiss of steam from traction engines
- Replica trenches, complete with authentic weapons and sleeping quarters to wander through
- Displays of military memorabilia, uniforms and civilian clothing from WWl
- Authentic Mess Tent for refreshments plus plenty of other simple, fresh fare on sale
- Stories, Photographs, and displays of locals who served in WWl
- Local musicians performing songs from bygone days
Gate Sales Only: Adults $10, children 15 and under free.
Bring the whole family and get hands on. Make day or a weekend of it - picnics welcome or indulge in the delicious offerings at an array of eateries around the grounds.
Check out the Geraldine ANZAC Commemorations Trust Facebook Page
Certified Self-Contained Motorhome/Caravan Parking
There is a dedicated area for Certified Self Contained Motorhomes and Caravans to park overnight over the weekend. $10.00 per vehicle, per night for event ticket holders - no need to book, plenty of space and there will be a dedicated space with a great view of the distant mountains.
Motorhomes and caravans are welcome from midday on Friday 20th of April to stay until 10am on Monday the 23rd. Cash payment for event tickets and parking can be purchased on arrival.
If you arrive on the Friday afternoon, a collector will visit you Friday evening and take full payment for both event tickets and overnight fee - as you'll be inside the event grounds.
Local Lions will be handling the parking and motorhomers can arrive through the main gate. If you arrive during event opening hours you will be charged for event tickets by the Lions and a separate collector will come round in the evening to collect the overnight staying fees.
For general enquiries please contact the event co-ordinator: Janene Adams, Ph: 03 693 9796 or 027 693 9796
- Website: www.geraldineanzac.nz
- Ticketing: Public